Thursday, November 24, 2005

Electoral Administration Bill

The subject of voting age has been brought up under the Electoral Administration Bill by Diana Johnson MP in the relevant committee. Another committee member Harriet Harman MP, Elections Minister, also looks favourably upon lowering it. Alex Folkes says that it was debated for an hour on Tuesday, although not according to this. I'm not disputing it, would just like to see the transcript!

Several people have told me in the last couple of weeks that there's no point in this blog as it will never become law, I wish I shared your optimism!

For the first time since the Electoral Commission dealt it's blow (or should I say 'kick in the teeth'), VotesAt16 has been creeping back on to the agenda.

Don't get complacent!

p.s. Thanks for all your emails of encouragement, though I would encourage you to share your thoughts as comments as well, if you have a Blogger account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home